Engineering Manager | Eduphoria! Inc.
We are a tight knit team and don't let bad apples spoil the bunch. We communicate openly and freely and love to have fun at work. Our leaders strive to provide you with everything you will need to succeed at Eduphoria. This position is fulltime available in Austin or Dallas/Plano.
Eduphoria's Engineering Manager will work as a member of our Technology team to:
- Work with the CTO, Project Managers, and Leadership team to successfully manage engineers working on multiple products
- Cooperate with Product Managers to ensure products meet project requirements
- Lead mentoring among the development team from senior to junior engineers
- Successfully manage 10 current developers
- Hire & manage 3 additional developers in the next 6 months
- Experience mentoring developers of various skill levels
- Demonstrable skills building or designing applications with C# / .NET
- Experience with ASP.NET and MVC
- Understanding of MySQL or other SQL database development
- Experience onboarding new developers
- Connections with development communities through professional orgs and meetups
Would be great if you also have:
- Experience with interviewing and hiring
- Experience with directly managing multiple teams of engineers, 15+ engineers total
- Experience developing complex enterprise applications with a 500,000+ user base
- History of working with large database applications (800+ tables)
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Familiarity with AWS EC2 and RDS
- Desire to work on applications that help improve public education in the US
About Eduphoria Inc
What We Do
We're a Texas-based company that loves making powerful and intuitive web-based software for K-12 educators so they can focus on spending more time with their students. Our software helps school districts analyze students' progress, plan lessons, and manage their day-to-day activities. We have customers nationwide but consider Texas our home state. More than 90% of Teachers, Principals, and District Administrators in Texas public schools use at least one of our products.
How We Hire
Our interview process begins with an intro call to help you learn more about the role, learn more about your interests, and determine if we are a good fit. If we move forward, we'll schedule a technical screening interview. We would also like you to meet several key stakeholders on the team, as well as our CEO and one of our Founders. At the offer stage, you already know the comp & equity range and our benefits!
We believe in creating a culture where everyone is learning, teaching, and growing.
We work collaboratively to leverage each other's strengths and overcome weaknesses.
We support and encourage trying new tools, technologies, and processes.
We are a company that encourages growth and innovation in our employees and our products.
Our Tech Stack
Medical and Dental Insurance
Life & Disability Coverage
Send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.